Monday, November 8, 2010

Radiation postponed today & more thoughful words....

As I posted a few days ago...Oz was going to start radiation today. His cancer doctor & the radiation doctor had not completely communicated & his cancer doctor has some concerns she wants to address with my Dad before proceeding with the radiation on the base of the skull. She is mostly concerned with the risk factors of radiation that close to the pituitary gland. My Dad said that "if the radiation is done on the wrong spot by even the slightest bit, it could turn me into a vegetable". Which would not be a good thing!! So the cancer doctor & radiation doctor were going to talk today & decide what is best for Dad & if they will even do radiation on the skull at all. He is going in tomorrow at 1:00pm to talk to the doctors about the decision. Keep him in your prayers & pray that the doctors will know what is best as well!!!
Oz did feel well enough to fishing again today with Jared...even though it was pouring rain & freezing cold outside!! I guess you can't stop a man from doing what he loves to do!!! Cathy (our wonderful step-mom...or 2nd mom as I like to call her) said, "Dad came home...I bundled him up under 3 blankets & he had a good sleep!!" When I talked to Dad tonight he seemed happy & his usual funny self! Love you Daddy! Stay strong!
More thoughtful words were posted that I just wanted to make sure are seen...thanks Sister Kearney for sharing! Even though I was a little girl when we lived in Moreno Valley, CA I still remember you & all the awesome people that surrounded us!

Dianna said…
"Our prayers and thoughts are with our wonderful Bishop Williams and his family. I hope he realizes how many lives he has blessed.

That was a touching tribute to your dad by Ken. We were also in Moreno Valley and watched over by your dad who was our bishop. Brett and I were in the living nativity at the Ward Christmas party the night of that tragic accident that took the lives of three of our ward's young men. Brett and I played Joseph and Mary with our baby son Ben playing the baby Jesus. If I remember correctly, Dean, Jared, and Andy had been shepherds bowing before the baby Jesus just hours before their lives were taken in that accident. It was amazing how Bishop Williams took the part of the Good Shepherd as he comforted grieving families and ward members. He, along with your mom, inspired our ward to have more faith and strength than we thought we had before. Bishop Williams will always be a hero to us for so many reasons. I too am saddened to hear about his poor health. Please give him our love and many hugs from the Kearneys. We will pray for his strength and health."

*If you have stories or pictures to share feel free to send them to me at jiggyjaydub@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment