Monday, November 15, 2010

Busy weekend...

Sorry I haven't posted anything new for the last few days. There really isn't anything too new going on with Dad. Today starts his second week of radiation. It has definitly made him tired!
I spent Friday getting Dad & Cathy to the Alaskan Inn for an overnight Anniversary present! We finally made it there! :) Dad said Saturday morning after I picked them up & dropped them off at home that in a few years that will be a night I will be able to look back on & laugh at! Our own "Chevy Chase" experience!!! & that it was!!! ha ha!!
As I have read all of the comments & stories that have been sent to post on this blog...I have thought how grateful I am to have been blessed with the Dad I was given! What an amazing person he is & has always been! This is a picture of me & my Dad at my wedding in October 2007. I am so glad that he was there to spend that day with me! 

 For now...I thought I would share a funny thought that came to my mind as I was sitting here thinking what to post. Growing up I have always remembered my Dad with a little bit of a belly (no offense Dad). I always loved that belly!!! Whenever we would watch movies as a family my Dad's belly became my "pillow". It was the most comfortable pillow ever!!! :) I used that pillow till I turned 9 or 10 years old I think! I'm not so sure how much he enjoyed his belly being "my pillow" but I sure did! Thanks Dad! You've always been one to give to others! :)
Another funny thought...since Christmas is just around the corner. Christmas morning has always been such an exciting morning to me!!! We always woke up way before our parents wanted to be woken up, I'm sure, but we were not allowed to go downstairs to the Christmas tree until everyone was awake. I remember getting so frustrated sometimes with my oldest siblings...Kim & Joe :) because they were always the hardest to get out of bed! Well once they FINALLY got out of bed, EVERY YEAR my Dad thought it was sooooo funny to make us wait even longer while he "took a shower". After a few years of this, I finally figured out that he never came out with wet hair!!! He would never really shower!!! He would just sit in the bathroom while us kids all sat anxiously in the hallway waiting!!!! Funny Dad!!!! He always made up for it though by making THE BEST breakfast after presents were opened! Thanks for the great memories Dad!! We love you much!

**if you have stories or pictures to share...please email them to jiggyjaydub@hotmail.com**

No comments:

Post a Comment