Saturday, November 6, 2010

More kind words for Dad...

Some of these were posted on the blog & facebook. We just wanted to make sure our Dad sees all these posts...so hope you all don't mind! :) Love you Dad!

"Brother Williams:
You have no idea what you did for my family. My father wasn't active in the church in 1974...wasn't living the gospel in many ways before your chance meeting in the 20th ward in Las Vegas. My parents were on the verge of divorce(which unfortunately finally happened), but because of you and other priesthood leaders, good things happened in our lives. I believe that you helped my father change his life. We(his daughters) were all baptized. Three of the four of us have been through the temple. One of us served a full-time mission. All of us have good, strong families. We have developed a strong love for Jesus Christ and a testimony of the gospel...because you reached out to our hurting family. There is much I am sure that you don't know about my life, but I remember you and Karen with such fondness and love. I remember the kindness and love I always felt in your home. I love Kim as a sister. The Williams family is forever part of my heart. You have lived a simple life..but you have reached so many. God bless you in your struggle. I pray for you often. Thank you for living the gospel. Thank you for not giving up on my dad. You are a friend in the way Jesus described his follows in the scriptures. You made such a difference. People often say they don't know where they would be without the gospel. I do know....and I am grateful for those who have walked the path with me to change my life.
I have great memories of your home. Fourth of July...sometime in the mid seventies, where you and my dad and Barry McLeod hung a pinwheel firework on the tree in your front yard and almost burned your house down. We thought that was spectacular. I think that is the one time I ever saw something close to your wife being angry! I played at your home often. It is a wonderful thing to remember those days.
Hang in there, Brother Williams. My love and prayers are with you. I know that Heavenly Father will do what is best for you. I have faith in Him.
All my love to you,"
Lisa Taylor Sowards - Terry Taylor's oldest

Linda said...
"I love my dear, sweet, soft spoken uncle! You have calmly always been there in my early memories. When I was younger I thought you were older then my Mom. We will keep checking in on you from Las Vegas."


"I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. He is one of the finest men I have ever known. He was always a good friend someone you could count on when times were rough, but also someone to have a great time with when things were good. I love him and your Mom so much, have missed all of you greatly. Your family is a great memory for me and my girls."

Lanny Shea


"I am so glad that you did this. What a special man he is and how great his love he gave to the MV families for many years."

Lisa Kowallis


"Your dad is a wonderful, courageous, thoughtful and caring man. Sending you and your family prayers and strength for each moment."

Natalie Gaudino

Thank you to all of you for sharing!! Also I am working on getting more pictures posted...it's been a little difficult because my family hasn't always been big on taking pictures! If you have any you'd like to share please send them to jiggyjaydub@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment